Merchandise and Monetary
Donations and How to Apply
Our goal is to be part of the community and contribute in ways that enrich the lives of people residing in those areas. By helping to create stronger communities, we enhance the quality of life for customers and associates. We look for partnerships with organizations that are leaders in what they do (no matter their size) and align with one or more of our four focus areas.
- Cultivating a healthy company with healthy associates.
- Supporting the health and well-being of our customers and their families, especially kids.
- Providing support and recognition for those who protect and defend our associates and customers.
- Rebuilding Together - Over the past four years, Sears Heroes at Home program has raised over $30 million and provided more than 5,000 volunteers for more than 1,000 home rebuilding projects for America's veterans.
- Heroes at Home Wish Registry - Sears created this program to give back to the men and women who serve our country and allow those who are deployed to send their love home for the holidays. The Wish Registry has raised more than $17 million in gift card donations from customers and associates and helped more than 83,000 military heroes and their families have happier holidays.
- Supporting educational and youth programs to inspire, mentor and help our associates and customers develop and grow in their lives and communities.
- Support college readiness, character education, and mentoring programs to provide a base for career exploration
- Associates participated in a Mentoring Day of Service with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Elgin and Dundee Township (Ill.) during Black History Month.
- Through our partnership with PENCIL, associates volunteer to inspire innovation and transform New York City public schools. Business leaders partner with principals to develop unique, school-based collaborations leveraging the expertise of a business partner
- Building on the trust our customers have in inviting us into their homes, leverage the home as a vehicle for us to improve the lives of families needing a hand up in life.
- We teamed up with the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation to collect toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in Cook County including Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Elk Grove Village.
Charitable Donation Requests
If you have a charitable request, please submit it 30 days prior to your event and allow at least two weeks for a response. To be eligible for a donation, a request must:
- Include your organization's federal 501(c) or 170(c) designation letter.
- Include a signed and dated IRS W-9
- Fall within our four focus areas
Sears Holdings will generally not support
- Political organizations
- Religious groups serving a single denomination
- Third party requests on behalf of an organization
- Family or individual emergency relief
- Individual or team fundraising
- Fees for conference, seminars or travel
- Travel or academic research
- Parties, ceremonies, or memorials
- Courtesy advertising (programs, yearbooks, etc.)
Request a Donation:
Our donation request process is now entirely online. Printed material, faxes or emailed donation requests will not be reviewed. If your request meets our giving guidelines, please apply now.