Oct 25, 2011
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Oct. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With recent conversations and news highlighting water conditions, it's natural that Americans seek the highest in water quality in their homes. Today, the Kenmore® brand is offering a comprehensive, household approach to water solutions that together, make water at home cleaner and better tasting while extending the life of the home's appliances.
Consumers can now arm their homes against unwanted and unregulated water contaminants with the brand's wide breadth and depth of water solutions. The appliance brand's smart offerings include water heaters, humidifiers and dehumidifiers as well as home water treatments. The new Kenmore Elite® hybrid water softener is an innovative water solution that integrates water convenience into an entire home with both a water softener and a whole-home filter in one unit.
"There are many ways your home's water quality can be improved whether it's the soft water used for cleaning and bathing or the high quality drinking water your family needs," said Michael Castleman, vice president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. "The Kenmore brand is committed to ensuring clean water for all your common household needs. With our long-standing reputation for high quality, durable products, our full line of home water offerings showcase the many ways we work to deliver consumer satisfaction for the many years our products are in homes."
The Kenmore Elite® hybrid water softener both softens water and reduces chlorine tastes and odors*. Effectively, the unit brings added efficiency to the home as well as financial savings with its first-to-market benefits and features, including:
- Whole Home Solution: Provides filtered water to every faucet in the home and requires no separate filters
- Softens Water: Reducing scale build up and maintaining the efficiency of water-using appliances (such as, washing machines, dishwashers and water heaters)
- Financial Benefits: Saves a family of four's home, with 10 grains per gallon of water hardness, up to $97 per month, or, almost $1,200 per year**
- Efficiency: The two systems of the unit work together to efficiently regenerate water usage as needed with filter replacements needed once a decade
- Ultra Flow Valve: Forty one percent better water flow as compared to high flow valve which is especially convenient for larger homes
- Space and Money Savings: One installation delivers two water systems in one space
- Ultra Cleansing: Prevents large sediments from entering the home plumbing system
- Sleek Design: Ergonomic design with LCD Screen and Tank Light to monitor salt levels
Designed for both chlorinated municipal water and most private wells, the Kenmore Elite hybrid water softener (model 42-38520) provides benefits for any appliance or fixture in the home that uses water and is available today at Sears for the regular price of $799.99.
Additional Home Water Products
Customers seeking water options for advanced solutions, efficiency and convenience might also consider some of the following Kenmore product offerings:
To help identify any of your home's water problems, your local Sears store will test your water sample for hardness, acidity and clear water iron at no charge. For more information on Kenmore's water solutions for the home, visit www.kenmore.com.
The Kenmore brand is an industry leader in delivering smart and stylish appliance innovations that help consumers do things quicker, easier and better. Recognized as a top appliance brand, Kenmore continues to raise the bar with industry-leading products across small and large appliance categories. The brand took on a major overhaul re-launching and revamping packaging, product, marketing and social media efforts with the promise of consistently delivering more. The brand also introduced the Kenmore Live Studio is an interactive space in the heart of Chicago equipped to stream innovative experiences and events live online via the Kenmore Facebook page. For more information, log on to www.kenmore.com or www.facebook.com/Kenmore.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD) is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
* Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine taste and odor. Kenmore water softeners are independently tested and certified by NSF to reduce hardness. All softeners certified by NSF tests NSF/ANSI 44.
**Based on data from: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, U.S. Dept. of Labor, National Industrial Conference Board, Water Conditioning Research Council, National Restaurant Assoc., American Laundry Institute, U.S. Bureau of Standards, Univ. Of Ill., Univ. of New Mexico.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation