HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Feb. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- It's that time of year when it seems impossible to drive anywhere without encountering a car-rattling, suspension-shaking pothole. In an effort to draw attention to potentially dangerous driving areas, Sears Auto Center has created the #PotholeProbs contest that encourages people to capture photos of potholes in their town and share via social media. The city that records the most submissions will receive an exclusive deal on alignment services for their pothole-ridden city at the end of the program at nearby Sears Auto Centers.
According to Sears Auto Center, over 60 percent of cars tested for alignment troubles at the service centers are in need of an alignment. That number continues to rise after several months of freezing temperatures as the snow and ice and freezing and thawing exacerbate the pothole problems that drivers face.
"Whether it's an alignment or helping you repair or replace a tire or wheel rim, the team at Sears Auto Center locations nationwide wants to be the place for solutions to pothole-related problems," said Norman Miller, President, Sears Automotive. "This program not only is a fun way to bring to light an often frustrating problem, but it also is helping cities nationwide identify potholes so drivers can avoid these problem areas and avoid damage to their vehicles, all while improving fuel efficiency and saving money. And Sears Auto is conveniently open seven days a week and always provides free alignment checks to customers."
Details of Sears Auto #PotholeProbs program include:
- Between Feb. 15 and March 7, 2015, enter by sharing a photo via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and including their city name, tagging #PotholeProbs.
- The city with the most submissions at the end of the program period will receive an exclusive deal on alignment services – $49.99 for a standard alignment (regularly $84.99) and 10% off RoadHandler® tires, wheels, balancing, steering and suspension to address any alignment issues.
- The winning city will be announced the week of March 8, 2015, and the deal will be redeemable at participating Sears Auto locations in/near the winning city until April 4, 2015.
- A weekly prize drawing will take place, and one entrant will be selected to win a $25 Sears Auto Gift Card each week
- Follow all the action of #PotholeProbs presented by Sears Auto visit SearsAuto.com/PotholeProbs. Click here for contest rules.
To enjoy a safer driving season and beyond, check out these alignment-related car care tips from Sears Auto that will help keep your vehicle on the road and out of the shop:
- Warning Signs - If your car is pulling to either side, or if you feel you have to fight to keep it driving straight down the road, you probably need an alignment service. Irregular tread wear on tires, particularly wear on just one edge of a tire, is a sign of an alignment problem.
- Fuel Efficiency - According to the EPA, a car with proper alignment will get 7 percent more miles to the gallon than a car that is out of alignment.
- Stay Regular - Experts recommend having your vehicle's alignment checked every year or 12,000 miles, or after certain services, such as any time a vehicle has its tires, struts or brakes replaced.
- We Have the Technology - Most Sears Auto Centers feature Hunter's Hawkeye Elite™ alignment technology to diagnose misalignments in 90 seconds. High-resolution cameras provide accurate alignment measurements, while an automatic VIN scan recalls the manufacturer's specifications for your vehicle. CodeLink® scanners reset steering system sensors to manufacturer settings by linking the vehicle to the aligner. Plus, printouts provide vital information on the level of wear on all wheels and tires so customers better understand their vehicle's alignment diagnosis.
For more information on Sears Auto Center services, visit its refreshed website at SearsAuto.com. The site features a variety of services and is a terrific customer resource, including an online store locater and online scheduling tool to ensure prompt hassle free scheduling for all automotive maintenance needs.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sears-auto-center-searches-for-americas-most-pothole-plagued-city-300036983.html
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.