Local Businesses and Community Leaders Take a Stand to Support Company
TROY, Mich., Feb. 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) today reported that customers across America are writing letters, sending emails, calling its customer service center and taking other actions to rally support for the 103-year-old American icon following its voluntary Chapter 11 filing three weeks ago.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020213/DEW030 ) Examples of Kmart support include:
* Viacom Outdoor, a metro Detroit outdoor advertising company, has given Kmart the use of 10 billboards to help the company get its message out to the thousands of associates and shoppers in its hometown.
* Detroit community organization Motor City Blight Busters is calling on City residents to shop at Kmart stores, the only mass-retailer present in the City of Detroit.
* Two radio stations in Detroit, W-4 Country (WWWW-FM) and Alice 106.7 (WLLC-FM), are asking listeners to shop at Kmart. Alice 106.7 is also awarding Kmart gift cards to listeners throughout the month of February as part of their "Red, White and Blue Light Special" Sweepstakes.
* Techworld Language Services has purchased and given their employees $25 Kmart gift cards and extended their payment terms to 90 days on Kmart invoices.
* In metro Detroit, Friar Tuck's and Apple Annie's restaurants are offering a 10 percent discount on customer's bills if they bring in a recent Kmart receipt.
* In Colorado, the Fort Morgan Area Chamber of Commerce has been putting Kmart bulletins in its membership newsletter so everyone can keep up with news about the Company.
* At Kmart's customer service center the Company has received more than a thousand calls expressing support. Kmart also received thousands of letters and emails from customers pledging their support and shopping dollars to the Company.NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20020213/DEW030
AP Archive: http://photoarchive.ap.org/
PRN Photo Desk, +1-888-776-6555 or +1-212-782-2840
SOURCE: Kmart Corporation
Contact: Kmart Media Relations, +1-248-463-1021