HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Jan. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Kmart is encouraging everyone to "Fit in the Fun" in 2016, helping Shop Your Way® members and customers kick off a healthy and fun start to the New Year. Celebrity wellness icon and Kmart ambassador Jillian Michaels shares some exclusive "fitness hacks" to make it easy for anyone to achieve their health, wellness and fitness goals. The Fit in the Fun website (Kmart.com/FitInTheFun) launches today, offering Michaels' fun-focused tips and favorite wellness products and a #FitInTheFun social campaign to help users stay motivated, connected and inspired.
"So many people recommit themselves to health, wellness and fitness programs at the start of the New Year, but quickly lose interest," said Michaels. "The great thing about 'Fit in the Fun' is that we focus on sharing easy ways to help you stay committed to your goals no matter your fitness level. How awesome is that?"
As part of her "fitness hacks," Michaels suggests setting positive personal incentives to work toward, fueling up with snacks and meals that are well balanced with complex carbohydrates, proteins and fats, and wearing bright-colored apparel – from the IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ collection – to look good and feel good about yourself. Others hacks include:
- Skip, run, jump and play like you did as a kid – workouts don't have to be serious, you just have to keep moving.
- Download a fitness app or pick up a wearable fitness tracker to monitor steps, log your progress and keep up with your friends – make it a game!
- Switch it up! Change your workout routine, timing or environment to keep you from getting bored.
- Find your own inspiration – follow individuals that motivate you, connect with people who have similar goals, plan rewards for yourself when you reach a goal – inspiration is different for everyone.
One of Michaels' favorite hacks might surprise even her biggest fans. "To add some fun to your workout routine, throw a dance party," she said. "At my house, we turn up the tunes and dance! My kids love it."
"Fit in the Fun" for a Reward
Fitting in the fun is all about motivating each other too! So Kmart is encouraging others to share their own favorite fitness hacks and join the conversation by following #FitInTheFun on Instagram and Twitter. And to keep momentum going throughout the entire month, Kmart will reward the first 200 members who post their wellness-inspired photos or videos to official Kmart social channels (tagging #FitInTheFun #ad and @Kmart) with a $25 gift card**. The offer begins today and runs through Jan. 30. For more information, visit Kmart.com/FitInTheFun.
Jillian's Favorite Things
Along with fitness hacks, Michaels shared her top eight must-have health, wellness and fitness products for 2016 available in-store or online at Kmart.com. Her curated list includes:
- IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ Women's Chandi Gray/Mint Athletic Shoe
- NutriBullet® Pro 900 9-Piece Set
- IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ Women's Hooded Athletic Shirt
- PopChips® Barbecue Potato Flavor
- IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ Women's Athletic Thermal Pullover
- Pro-Form® 415 Crosswalk Treadmill
- IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ Women's Capri Athletic Pants - Wavelength
- IMPACT by Jillian Michaels™ Women's Hybrid Performance Capri Pants
To make it easy for members to "Fit in the Fun" in the New Year, Kmart is offering amazing deals on everything from apparel to electronics now through Jan. 30. Additionally all fitness equipment, from ellipticals and rowers to foam rollers and exercise mats, is on sale for the entire month of January. Storewide savings include:
- BOGO 50% off on Family Activewear* (regular price $9.99-$39.99)
- BOGO 50% off on all Centrum Vitamins* (regular price $8.29-$20.49)
- Save up to 47% on Sport Headphones (savings range: 20-47% off)
- BOGO on Athletic Footwear* (regular price $12.99-$34.99)
- Two for $11Atkins Bars (regular price $7.29 each)
- Save 20% on Vivitar 2-tone Bluetooth Speakers (regular price $19.99)
When shoppers visit Kmart stores nationwide during the month of January, they can "Fit in the Fun" with fitness-focused Bluelight Specials and free health and wellness giveaways as part of the "Freebie Saturday" initiative.
*First Item Regular Price, second item of equal or lesser value.
**"Fit in the Fun" Offer Terms: Kmart will award a $25 Kmart gift card to the first 200 eligible individuals who post an eligible photo/video on Instagram or Twitter with #FitInTheFun #ad and @Kmart. Open only to legal US residents 18 and over. Starts 8:00 am Central Time on 1/4/2015 and ends when 200 eligible posts are made or on 1/30/16 (whichever is later). Limit one entry per person/account. Eligible entries must (a) contain only family friendly content (as determined by Kmart); and (b) not violate any third party rights. Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes. Kmart reserves the right to interpret, modify, cancel or terminate this offer.
Kmart is making shopping fun again. The retailer, a subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is bringing back the iconic Bluelight Specials, hosting Freebie Saturdays and in-store family events for its Shop Your Way members and customers. Kmart offers customers thrilling deals and amazing finds on quality products and exclusive brands including Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense.
Zeno Group for Kmart